The Sender Policy Framework (SPF) is an email authentication system that detects forged sender addresses while the email is being delivered. SPF, on the other hand, is confined to detecting a forged sender claim in the email’s envelope, which is used when it bounces.
Follow these steps to set up SPF on Google Workspace:
- Log in to your DNS management console and go to the ‘name server management’ page.
- Check whether your domain has an existing SPF record.
NOTE: SPF records usually begin with v=spf1.
- If your domain doesn’t have an SPF record, add a new one using these values:
Name: @ (leave it blank otherwise)
Time to Live (TTL): 3600 or leave the default.
Value/Answer/Destination: v=spf1 include:_spf.google.com -all
- In case your domain has an existing SPF record, add the following to it: include:_spf.google.com
- Save the changes and wait for 24-48 hours for the changes to reflect.
Check your SPF record using EmailAuth’s SPF record checker for free!