The Sender Policy Framework (SPF) is an email authentication system that detects forged sender addresses while the email is being delivered. SPF, on the other hand, is confined to detecting a forged sender claim in the email’s envelope, which is used when it bounces.
Before setting up SPF for Salesforce, you will need to ensure that Salesforce’s bounce management is disabled.
You can do that in two steps :
- Go to Setup>Email Administration>Deliverability
- Uncheck the following boxes:
- Activate bounce management
- Enable compliance with standard email security mechanisms
Now you are ready to add Salesforce to your SPF record. Follow the next few steps to do the same :
- If you have a pre-existing SPF record, you will need to add include:_spf.salesforce.com to your existing SPF record.
- If you don’t have an existing SPF record, add the following SPF record v=spf1 include:_spf.salesforce.com -all to your DNS.
After you have set up SPF, check your records using our free SPF validator tool.