The Sender Policy Framework (SPF) is an email authentication system that detects forged sender addresses while the email is being delivered. SPF, on the other hand, is confined to detecting a forged sender claim in the email’s envelope, which is used when it bounces.
You can enable SPF for both outgoing and incoming emails on Plesk. To set up SPF for outgoing mails, follow these steps :
- Log in to your DNS console and go to Tools & Settings > DNS Template.
- Publish a new SPF record in the DNS using the following value: yourdomain.com TXT v=spf1 +a +mx +a:test.plesk.com -all
- If you have an existing SPF record, include Plesk in it.
- Click on Save and wait for 24 hours for the changes to take effect.
To configure SPF for incoming mails on Plesk, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Plesk account as an admin.
- Navigate to Tools & Settings > Mail Server Settings > SPF spam protection
- Check the SPF checkbox.