The Sender Policy Framework (SPF) is an email authentication system that detects forged sender addresses while the email is being delivered. SPF, on the other hand, is confined to detecting a forged sender claim in the email’s envelope, which is used when it bounces.
To configure SPF for FastMail, follow these steps:
- Log in to your DNS management console.
- Go to DNS template.
- You will need to add or modify the SPF record as required.
- If you don’t have an existing SPF record, the following record will need to be added to your DNS: yourdomain.com TXT v=spf1 include:spf.messagingengine.com -all
- If you have an existing SPF record, you will need to include FastMail as follows:
v=spf1 mx include:spf.messagingengine.com -all
- Publish the records and click on Save.
- Wait for 24-48 hours for the changes to take effect, and after that, check your records using our free SPF lookup tool.