The Sender Policy Framework (SPF) is an email authentication system that detects forged sender addresses while the email is being delivered. SPF, on the other hand, is confined to detecting a forged sender claim in the email’s envelope, which is used when it bounces
The steps needed to set up SPF for Marketo are similar to others. Follow these steps to set up SPF:
- Log in to your DNS management console.
- Go to DNS template.
- You will need to add or modify the SPF record as required.
- If you don’t have an existing SPF record, the following record will need to be added to your DNS: yourdomain.com TXT v=spf1 include:mktomail.com -all
- If you have an existing SPF record, you will need to include Marketo as follows:
v=spf1 include:spf.zoho.com include:mktomail.com -all (Zoho is the domain)
- Publish the records and click on Save.
Wait for 24-48 hours for the changes to take effect, and after that, check your records using our free SPF lookup tool.