The Sender Policy Framework (SPF) is an email authentication system that detects forged sender addresses while the email is being delivered. SPF, on the other hand, is confined to detecting a forged sender claim in the email’s envelope, which is used when it bounces.
Follow these simple steps to set up SPF on your Mailchimp account :
- Log in to your Mailchimp account and go to the Domains page.
- Click Authenticate on the domain of your liking.
- A new popup box will appear with SPF records. Copy the record.
- Now go to your DNS console, and modify our SPF record as shown in the picture above.
In case you don’t have an existing SPF record, publish the following :
Host: @ (or leave it blank)
Value: v=spf1 include:servers.mcsv.net -all
- Now, return to the Mailchimp account and click on Authenticate Domain.
After you have published your SPF record, check the validity of the same using our free validator tool.