The Sender Policy Framework (SPF) is an email authentication system that detects forged sender addresses while the email is being delivered. SPF, on the other hand, is confined to detecting a forged sender claim in the email’s envelope, which is used when it bounces.
Mandrill needs you to add your domain before you can set up SPF on Mandrill. Follow the next few steps to add your domain on Mandrill :
- Log in to your Mandrill account and go to Settings > Domains.
- Enter your desired domain’s name and click add.
Now you are ready to set up SPF for your domain. Follow these steps to do the same :
- Log in to your Mandrill account and go to the settings of your domain. In settings click on View SPF settings.
- If you have an existing SPF record in your DNS, add the following to it: include:spf.mandrill.com
- If you don’t have an existing SPF record in your DNS, add the following value to set up a new record: v=spf1 include:spf.mandrillapp.com ~all
Additionally, you can create custom return-path domains in Mandrill using the following steps :
- Create a CNAME record for a custom subdomain pointing towards mandrill.com, in your DNS.
- Go to Settings > Tracking & Return Path Domains
- Click on Test DNS settings to validate the newly added settings.
Now, check your newly generated SPF record using our free SPF validator tool.