Buildings and infrastructure projects can be designed, built, and managed using an integrated approach thanks to BIMI, a digital technology. In the email marketing world, BIMI (Brand Indicators for Message Identification) is a new standard that offers a way for brands to add their logos to their emails and make them more recognizable to recipients. In this blog, we will explore what BIMI is, how it works, and how marketers can use it for their email campaigns.
What is BIMI?
A new email standard called BIMI was created to aid brands in boosting the recognition and authority of their emails. It works by adding a brand’s logo to the email messages that recipients receive, making them easier to recognize and more trustworthy. The BIMI standard ensures that only reputable companies can use this method of logo display by combining technical requirements and authentication procedures.
BIMI leverages the Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting, and Conformance (DMARC) framework to provide email domains with a way to specify which emails should carry their logos. Email recipients can confirm that the emails they receive are authentic and come from the domains they claim to be from by using the email authentication protocol DMARC. By using DMARC, BIMI provides a way for brands to control which emails carry their logos and helps to prevent phishing and other malicious activities.
How BIMI Works?
To use BIMI, brands need to meet certain technical and authentication requirements. This includes having a DMARC record in place that specifies the brand’s domain and an active SSL certificate for the domain. Additionally, the brand’s logo must be in SVG format and meet certain size and colour requirements.
Once these requirements are met, the brand’s email service provider can then apply for BIMI verification. During the verification process, a BIMI operator examines the brand’s DMARC record to ensure that it complies with BIMI specifications. In the event that the verification is successful, the BIMI operator will include the company’s logo in the BIMI registry, which email recipients use to choose which logos to show in emails.
When a brand’s logo is registered with BIMI, emails sent from that brand’s domain will show that logo. The logo will appear next to the sender’s name in the email client, making it easier for recipients to recognize the brand and increasing the likelihood that they will trust the email.
Benefits of Using BIMI for Email Campaigns
There are several benefits to using BIMI for email campaigns, including:
- Increased Recognition and Credibility: By displaying the brand’s logo in email messages, BIMI helps to increase the brand’s recognition and credibility. This can lead to higher open rates, as recipients are more likely to recognize the brand and trust the email.
- Improved Brand Consistency: BIMI provides a way for brands to maintain consistency in the way their emails are presented, regardless of which email client the recipient is using. The brand’s reputation is strengthened, and its overall impact is increased as a result.
- Enhanced Security: BIMI helps to enhance the security of email messages by using the DMARC framework to verify that emails are legitimate and from the domains they claim to be from. As a result, recipients can trust the emails they receive and phishing and other malicious activities are reduced.
- Increased Engagement: BIMI can increase engagement with email campaigns by making emails easier to recognize and more trustworthy. This may result in improved email campaign performance overall and higher click-through rates.
How Can Marketers Use BIMI for Email Campaigns?
It’s not difficult to use BIMI for email campaigns, and doing so can greatly increase their effectiveness.
Here are the steps that marketers can follow to get started:
- Ensure Technical Requirements are met: Before applying for BIMI verification, brands must ensure that they have met the technical requirements, such as having a DMARC record in place and an active SSL certificate for their domain.
- Apply for BIMI Verification: Brands can apply for BIMI verification by working with a BIMI operator. The operator will review the brand’s DMARC record and verify that it meets the BIMI requirements.
- Design the Logo: The brand’s logo must be in SVG format and meet certain size and colour requirements. Marketers should ensure that the logo design is consistent with the brand’s overall image and is easily recognizable.
- Create Engaging Email Campaigns: Once the brand’s logo is in the BIMI registry, marketers can create engaging email campaigns that take advantage of the increased recognition and credibility provided by BIMI.
- Monitor and Optimize Campaigns: It is important to monitor the results of email campaigns and make any necessary optimizations to improve their effectiveness. This may involve adjusting the content, design, or targeting of the campaigns.
Brand Indicators for Message Identification (BIMI) is a digital unicorn that brings magic to building projects and email marketing alike! With the help of its ethereal strength, BIMI enables businesses to include their magical logos in their emails, instantly identifying them to recipients.
By following the technical wizardry and casting a spell of verification, brands can boost their email recognition and credibility, shield their messages from evildoers, and watch their results soar to new heights! So, don’t just sit there; market your way to success with BIMI, and let your email campaigns be filled with enchantment and wonder!
Book a free demo now!